The Wayne County Sheriff’s Reserve Unit is a community-oriented operation. Members of this unit assist the agency in deterring crime in various areas such as:
- Concealed Pistol License processing
- Abandoned Vehicle Detailing
- Marine Unit
- Subdivision Patrols
- Internet Crime Unit
- Funeral Escorts
- Assisting fulltime officers on special raids relating to blind pigs and sex offender sweeps
- Reading to children at various schools throughout the county upon request related to safety, internet crimes, respect, morals and values
- Police presence at high school sports events throughout the county
In addition, the Reserve Unit provides assistance at the following events:
- River Walk
- Hines Park
- Jazz on the River
- City of Woodhaven Fireworks
- Open Day Detroit Tigers Baseball
- Red Wing Hockey Playoff Games
- Detroit’s Target Fireworks
- Lake Erie Metro Parks Fireworks
- Trenton City Fireworks
- Willow Metro Park Fireworks
- Belleville Strawberry Festival
- Wayne County Fair
- Ramadan and Ashoura
- Comerica Park Concerts
- Plymouth Fall Festival & Plymouth Chili Festival
Become A Reserve Deputy
The mission of the Reserve Deputy unit is to support law enforcement efforts of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office by providing dedicated, professional service in a variety of assignments.
Print out the Sheriff Reserves Application (DOWNLOAD) and mail it to Chief of Staff Michael Turner, Wayne County Sheriff’s Department Reserve Division, 4747 Woodward Ave, Detroit, Mi. 48201. This is the ONLY address that is to be used. Be sure to include all of the information that is required. You will be notified when to meet with us for a preliminary interview.
Sending an application does not automatically mean you are accepted into the academy. However, if you send an application you’ll be kept on file for the next academy and notified. Dates and the frequency of Academys vary.
It’s very important to include an email address on your application so we may best communicate with you, once the evaluation process begins.
If you have questions you may email Reserve Chief Stuart Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.